Skip to main content
Police Service Logo

Saskatoon Police Service
Police Background Checks

Help Login  |  Register
Forgot Username?  |  Forgot Password?

Record Suspension

Parole Board of Canada - Record Suspension

Phone contact: 1-800-874-2652 (toll free)

Email contact: [email protected]

Website contact:

A Record Suspension (Pardon) application can be completed by individuals without the assistance of a lawyer or any other agency.

If it has been five (5) years (summary offence) or ten (10) years (indictable offence) since you completed your last sentence, you may apply to the Parole Board of Canada for a record suspension. Everything you’ll need to know is included in a booklet put out by the Parole Board of Canada.

The booklet may be downloaded from the Parole Board of Canada website at

The first step of the record suspension process involves submitting your fingerprints to the Parole Board of Canada in Ottawa. Please attend the Criminal Record Check office to complete an application form. You are required to bring in two pieces of government issued ID, one being a valid photo. There is a $75 electronic fingerprint submission fee.

Local Police Records Check(s) – Step 4
If you no longer reside in Saskatoon, you may mail in your Local Police Records Check Form along with notarized photocopies of your government issued ID. You will also need to print off our Criminal Record Check application form and include a COPY of your record of disposition and fingerprint results you received back from Ottawa. There will be a $45 fee for this service, bank draft or Money Order accepted (no personal cheques), payable to Saskatoon Police Service. Please mail to:

Saskatoon Police Services
Box 1728
Saskatoon, SK    S7K 3P9
Attention: Criminal Record Checks

You do not need a lawyer or representative to apply for a Record Suspension. This will not accelerate the review of your application, nor convey it any special status. The Parole Board of Canada treats all applications in the same way, regardless of whether it was submitted through a lawyer or private company, or directly by the applicant themself.

You can apply for a Record Suspension by following the step-by-step instructions and submitting your completed application forms to the Parole Board of Canada with a $50.00 processing fee made payable to the Receiver General for Canada.

For more information or assistance with obtaining a Record Suspension you may call the Parole Board of Canada at 1-800-874-2652.